ad banner bottum

Monday 3 October 2011

Diablo 1 part 2

In the depths of hell only the screams of pain can be heard as i look around my surrounding i can only see bones bodies and blood, the ringing of cheers of support from above cannot be heard I am alone the isolation is suffocation. Shadows of the fallen walk past me as I slowly stumble through the empty halls every now and then i see my reflection in the pools of blood from the demons the haunt my dreams the man who stares back is not me but instead a twisted demented person who shares my body. I am lost... maybe once I have slain the demon, the lord the terror, Diablo I can finally get some rest from this non-stop nightmare.

How was that to start a review pretty impressive right, now hell in Diablo is split up into two parts the just under the crust of the earth with magma flowing from the walls and spurting from the ground then the rivers of blood and burning walls. The layout has not changed much since start of the game just a few floors of slightly change colour  usually getting darker so that you feel your going deeper I must of spent over 10 000 gold on potions as I could not use doorways to verse the monsters one at time as there were none any more. Remember that mage I told you not to disturb i learnt how to kill him you just trap him in a corner and as he cannot warp unless your further away from one side so he just starts teleporting on the spot this is important as you end up fighting a bunch of weaker mages with same spells by far my most hated enemy in the game. Spoiler time the final two bosses the corrupted archbishop who took a bunch boys and did things to them *cough catholic paedophile priests* he is one of these mages. An important thing to note with these mages they do not chase you so if you have other enemies to fight as well as them you can lure them away from the mages so you do not get bombarded by spells as you kill them.

The final boss Diablo well i am not going to lie I hated this fight as it is an entire room full of the mages you cannot know how annoying this was to deal with as a melee character, quick hint clear an area so that there are no mages then lure Diablo there with candy and kill him. Diablo himself is not nearly as hard as the mages once you beat him you get a nice cut scene with hints of Diablo 2 i might dig this game out and play it as well.

The beast is slain i am triumphant in the forehead of the beast there is a crimson gem as red as blood it calls out to me this must be the soulstone that order of horadrim made to imprison the lord of terror. I bend over the beast my heart pounding I slowly take my knife out and remove the soulstone from the beast, the body starts contracting and bending as it reverts to the form of the young prince. After the body stops moving all is left is a lifeless body like all the ones all around me I return my gaze to the soulstone in my hand it appears to be beating like a heart and it is calling out to demons I can hear them coming. Suddenly a high pitch sound can be heard it is so loud yet the words behind it are clear "go east", it is the lord of terror inside of the soulstone  it is calling out to me. Uncontrollably i shove the soulstone into my forehead silence returns to the room as blood traces down my head, I take my leave of this accursed place and return to town. There are loud celebrations going on  yet they seem to not be unable to see the soulstone in my head. East I must go east... my brothers are waiting... my brothers no his brothers. Help is there for me and for him, east I must go east! I hear there are some good slices of kris there... THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment