ad banner bottum

Thursday 13 October 2011

RAGEING ABOUT RAGE! 1

Yes I know there is no 'e' in raging made the title look better.

yep it has bullets I think this sniper rifle will kill people

My copy of RAGE came today way more fun than expected and I expected a lot of fun made by ID who made Quake, Doom and modernised the fps genre published by Bethesda who can do no wrong no matter how hard they try yes, I am ignoring the existence of HUNTED (apparently that was a bad game but never I purchased it or played it so who cares). RAGE is set in post apocalyptic future by meteor so fuck you nuclear fallout there are other ways the world will end. This was an expected event because they saw the giant rock coming! but they had no way on stopping it(I assume they at least tried I hope). The people then decided to put special humans underground and infuse them with nanobots so when the world comes back to life they can be there to help re-establish society. This was all done in a short 5 minuet clip at the start of the game, by watching giant rock go past Jupiter and the meteor belt then crash through the moon to hit Earth with a voice over explaining some things in the background. After playing the fallout games and reading sci-fi about nuclear fallout you get it in your head that this will be the only way good old mother Earth is going to end so I really enjoyed watching this. 106 years or so later you wake up and all your other arc humans (as they are called)are dead in your underground pod but do not fear there are other arc pods out there maybe some of your friends survived.

I am sorry jenny I think I just killed Tommy

I love this game from it's simplistic point and shoot mechanics to the slightly retarded AI this game is wonderful and exactly want I wanted to play it has some of the best art deign and when you go into a level it tells you a story. Not one of the things on the wall is the same thing copy and pasted from various other levels from what I have found so far, even every step you take has a different sound depending on what you are walking on I know this is a small thing but it really immerses you in the game. talking about immersion the non-interrupted AI act like normal humans, for example I was sneaking up to kill some guys and they started talking about a tv show they watched the other night. This made me for a second not want to kill them but of course I did it anyway because it was fun and just in the next room there was a guy sweeping up this is not stuff you find in every fps you play most of the time they just say "What was that?" and "Get him!".

Just Sweeping up where my dead body will be

Now I have to warn you this game's is graphics are advanced so unless you have a good card and not an ATI card you most probably will not be able to run it smoothly as there has been some vertical sync issues where when your frame rate drops below refresh rate you get freezes and other bad things. I did not have these problems with my computer but to be fair my computer is boss they did bring out a patch that was meant to fix a lot of these issues for ATI cards but I cannot say for sure.

Roar my teeth are bullets!

I will be bringing out more reviews of this game as I play it expect next week for me to talk more about the story line the cars and hopefully hidden secrets if I can find some and of course SCREENSHOT! I hope you like them also like my Facebook page it is feeling a bit neglected like a the lonely last slice of kris you just could not eat so you put in the fridge for latter and forgot about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment